AN POST IRISH BOOK AWARDS Shortlist Terms & Conditions 2018
1. Author Attendance
Shortlisted author/s must attend the 2018 An Post Irish Book Awards ceremony on 27th November 2018 in the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, Dublin and, also, insofar as proves possible, the Shortlist Launch on 25th October in the GPO, O’Connell St, Dublin.
The company agrees to pay the official promotional levies which are as follows:
- €175 per shortlisted title with a 10% discount for publishers with 4 or more shortlisted titles
- €450 per winning title in each category
3. Books & Promotional Materials
- Publishers must ensure that shortlisted titles remain in print throughout the promotional periods from 25th October – 27th November. Winning titles should also be in print right up to Dec 24th.
- Publishers must ensure that shortlisted titles are generally available in the Irish market.
- Wherever possible, if new quantities are being printed, publishers must ensure that all stock of the shortlisted titles is stickered with the official logo at source (by either printing and affixing stickers to books, or printing directly onto the book). Official sticker artwork can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org. Quantities of stickers are also being sent to all participating retailers.
- Publishers should also provide 10 copies of each shortlisted title for promotional use. Books should be sent to Breda Brown, Unique Media Ltd, 600a Cathedral Court, New Street,Dublin 8.
- For the official awards website and point of sale materials, publishers must also send the following to email@example.com asap – jacket images are needed very urgently:
- Jacket image of the most recent or appropriate edition (jpg or tiff, 300 dpi and at least 10 cms high)
- Author pic jpeg (jpg or tiff, 300 dpi and at least 10 cms high)
- Approx 50 word blurb
- Author biography
- Chapter extract PDF – where possible
- Any other digital materials that can be used to promote the book on the Awards website –
ie YouTube videos – where possible
Please label the email: ‘IBA shortlist information’
All materials are for use in printed materials, and on the website and partner websites.
- Please note that during the shortlist promotion, the awards brochure will be available free to consumers in all participating bookshops and in libraries nationwide. Over 75,000 copies will be in circulation. It is intended that this magazine be a guide to the very best in Irish writing from 2017 and as such, an important consumer gift guide. Publishers interested in advertising in this publication should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for details of costs, spec. and copy deadlines. Publishers with shortlisted titles are automatically entitled to a 25% discount.
The full shortlists will NOT be announced until 25th of October at the media event to launch the titles and the national promotion for the shortlists.
All shortlists are therefore STRICTLY EMBARGOED until then and we ask for your full observance in order to maximise the impact of the media launch.
The An Post Irish Book Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner
The 2018 An Post Irish Book Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner will be held on Tuesday 27th November at the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road. The awards dinner has become a major event in the Irish literary calendar, bringing together the entire literary community – readers, authors, booksellers, publishers and librarians – like no other awards.
Tickets are priced at €150+ vat or €1450 + vat for a table of 10 for publishers. However, shortlisted authors now have access to discounted tickets valued at €95 each.
To reserve places and tables please contact our Awards Event Organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org